Branch Manager at United Bank
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Beckley, West VirginiaJob Description:
United Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer.Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluatedwithout regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion,gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteranstatus, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, or anyother protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to theperformance of the work involved.
Job ID 2018-3315
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-WV-Beckley
Posted Date 2018-03-06
Market/Branch South - Raleigh Mall
The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the functions of a full service branch, including maintaining existing and developing new customer relationships, both personal and business. Accountability includes achieving sales performance objectives of the branch relating to deposit growth, fee income, and expense control. Responsible for the supervising, coaching, and developing of branch staff and ensuring the communication and adherence with all Bank best practices, policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Leads by example and proactively builds existing retail and business customer relationships and develops new consumer relationships;
- Develops new business relationships by identifying qualified prospects, using pre-call planning tools and resources, and following up with all external business development calls;
- Achieves sales performance goals and objectives relating to, deposit growth, investment and fee income, and cost control;
- Reinforces sales skills to effectively uncover customer needs and recommend appropriate Bank products and services.
- Manages and coaches the branch sales team to effectively provide financial solutions to customers;
- Ensures delivery of excellent customer service throughout the Bank by adhering to all customer service standards and protocols, and assists customers regarding effective account maintenance and record keeping;
- Provides customer resolution to problems and inquiries through direct personal action or referral to the proper department;
- Has knowledge of and complies with Bank security and operating policies and procedures, as well as compliance regulations including KYC, OFAC, CIP, and Information Security policies and procedures;
- Ensures that dual control is in place for all vaults/safes containing cash/negotiables;
- Controls losses that are preventable due to proper decision making skills;
- Coordinates with Regional Managers and Human Resources on the hiring of new employees, performance reviews, employee discipline, terminations and salary adjustments;
- Takes responsibility in meeting monthly branch and/or individual scorecard sales goals on a consistent basis by monitoring self-performance and following action plans;
- Manages time-off requests and timesheets for employees under his/her supervision;
- Keeps up-to-date on Bank products and services to effectively provide financial solutions to customers, as well as to branch sales team;
- Provides regular team meetings for branch personnel to convey information received in seminars, manager's meetings, conference calls and other sources;
- Refers customers to wealth management, brokerage and commercial representatives as appropriate;
- Manages the approval of all new accounts, the approval of checks for cashing, and the signing of official checks and certificates of deposit;
- Manages overall responsibility for settlement of branch cash;
- Conducts audits and oversees completion of monthly and quarterly branch audits;
- Opens and closes branch office adhering to bank's security policy and procedures;
- Manages the interviewing, training, orientation of all branch personnel, including preparing work schedules;
- Participates as a member of branch-local civic organizations to promote Bank name, products and services.
- Coaches and ensures that best practices are being followed with regard to mystery shops, @ your service standards, and the distribution and effective discussion of bank marketing materials, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience;
- Two years in a management capacity preferred;
- Strong sales and service skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong communication, problem solving, and coaching skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Leadership Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
With over 175 years of experience, United Bank is one of the region's premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary of United Bankshares, Inc., with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
At United Bank, our people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. United is proud of our record of growth and our commitment to service - not only to our customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
United encourages our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and other support to help all employees achieve their full potential.