Research Scientist Intern at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SUNNYVALE, Texas
Yahoo Sports connects fans to the sports and fantasy games they love most and is the first screen for the next generation of sports fans worldwide,who crave real-time personalized quality content and superior fan experiences every day.
A little about Oath
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
A Little About Us
The MBP Science team is responsible for personalization, recommendations, and ranking for Yahoo properties such as Frontpage, Sports, and Finance. The team consists of Research Science and Research Scientists and is located in both Sunnyvale CA and New York City.
The goal of the intern project is to develop models and algorithms that enable us to predict user behavior on mobile. In particular, we will apply machine learning to rank top news on minus screen using all the signals we can log.
We may try one-step reinforcement learning, i.e. contextual multi-armed bandits, and some other deep learning technologies. The methodology developed can be applied to other mobile related projects.
- Perform statistical analyses on large data sets, identify problems and propose solutions
- Conceive, design, prototype, and evaluate complex algorithms and statistical models that can be integrated into the ranking and serving platform
- Document prototype implementations and experimental results
- Work with product teams to gain acceptance of proposed technologies and designs
- Generate intellectual property with patent applications and publications at relevant venues
A Lot About You
- Ph.D. candidate in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, or similar field
- Strong track record of developing novel and scientifically sound techniques to solve real world problems
- Solid programming skills in Java, C++, or scripting languages like Python or R in a Unix environment
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing and modeling large data sets
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial culture
- Experience with natural language processing, discourse
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, ranking, recommendation
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.