iOS Mobile Engineer at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SUNNYVALE, Texas
Yahoo Mail is the ultimate consumer inbox. It's the best way to access your email and stay organized from a computer, phone or tablet. With its beautiful design and lightning fast speed, Yahoo Mail makes reading, organizing, and sending emails easier than ever.
A little about Yahoo Mail:
The Mail mobile team is looking for brilliant software engineers with experience building consumer facing apps. Our team develops products for Android, iOS, and the Web and next-generation backend infrastructure to power them. We are looking for innovative, entrepreneurial, and passionate developers to help us build the next generation of mail experience and delight our users. We want engineers who will strive to deliver our users only the absolute best and are willing to sweat the details to achieve this goal.
We believe that engineering is only a piece of the effort and that you must be as passionate about code quality and architecture as you are about user experience and design. Ultimately you must love challenges and hard problems that range across disciplines.
We are currently looking for a highly qualified iOS developer to help us build the next generation of mobile mail experience for Yahoo. We need a dedicated and technically strong engineer with industry knowledge to make our apps even better and to drive the evolution and expansion of our current applications portfolio into new technology areas and market segments.
The road ahead is exciting, and our team is moving fast. Your work will be seen and touched by millions of people, worldwide. If you believe you have what it takes to help shape our future then look no further, apply now, and get ready for the ride of your life!
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Deep technical knowledge of native iOS mobile application development with a solid understanding of Cocoa Touch and other frameworks and design patterns
- Strong foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design optimized for embedded systems
- 7+ years programming experience in Objective-C / Swift
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and successful and timely completion of major new features in current and future products
- Performing code reviews for your peers where you will be learning from and contributing to a collaborative working model
- Recommending alternative approaches to solving complex problems and utilizing new technology to achieve goals
- Tackle hard engineering and user experience problems and solve them in an elegant and seamless manner.
- Take ownership of features and areas of the app that will impact millions of users.
- Work with engineering team members to explore and create interesting solutions while sharing knowledge amongst the team.
Bonus points if you have:
- Published an app to the App Store
- Experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful mobile experience
- Have worked as a team lead or mentored junior engineers
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.