Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SUNNYVALE, Texas
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content - so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today's demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world's largest networks, our platform easily handles your users' appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Senior Product Manager - Video Players
Sunnyvale, CA - Full-time
A little about Verizon Digital Media Services
At a time when countless companies are "pivoting to video", Verizon Digital Media Services provides the highest performing and most reliable video streaming platform in the industry. Our next-generation video technology allows content providers to stream breaking news, live sports events, and popular shows to their viewers, leveraging the power of one of the world's largest networks. To make the magic happen, VDMS has built a top-flight team of technical and creative professionals dedicated to raising the bar for video streaming, from flawless video delivery to rich viewer experiences.
Verizon Digital Media Services' Oath in Three Words: Personalized video experiences
As Senior Product Manager - Video Players, you will be responsible for ensuring the VDMS video players across consumer platforms are best of class.
- Understand the video industry landscape, trends, and latest research
- Map the strengths and weaknesses of competing video players to expose risks & opportunities
- Identify and specify compelling new video player features and capabilities
- Monitor video player metrics and drive cross-functional teams to ensure high performance
- Evaluate and respond to customer issues, questions, and needs
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 5+ years product management experience with a focus on software products and technologies
- Proven track record delivering high quality B2B and/or B2C products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business and technical abilities
- Experience with video players and video delivery at scale
- Experience evolving product strategy based on industry trends, research and data
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals within a matrix organization
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for all employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process by contacting us at email@example.com, or call us at 1-866-772-3182.
Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.