Front End Software Engineer at Prudential
Posted in Information Technology 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
Prudential is looking for a Front End Software Engineer, who have passion for new technologies, understand responsive web development, can prototype rapidly, and turn concepts to life. As a developer, you care about quality of code, understand how to work with several content types, love to learn new technologies, and are ready to adapt on changing design frameworks and design principles. Experience in mobile not needed but preferred. Needless to say, you will have knowledge on how back-end systems work. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions and have pride in your work output. You understand browsers and enjoy simplifying that complexity. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively
We are building a startup culture in a company that is touching 20 Million+ lives, yet thinks agile. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25 year old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, designers, and technology and architecture teams
- Work in a rapid pace environment with ability to juggle multiple projects
- Enjoy learning about our customers and our businesses
- Proven ability to work in an iterative/Agile environment
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of front end development experience
- Experience with incorporating accessibility into prototypes preferred
- Proficiency in XHTML / HTML5, CSS2, CSS3, Sass, Scss and Bootstrap frameworks
- Proficiency in Code editor of choice (Dreamweaver, Sublime, Brackets)
- Working knowledge of Bower and Grunt
- Working knowledge of CMS integration ( WCM) preferred
- Working knowledge of design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks) preferred
- Experience in financial services or B2B2C organizations a huge plus
- A conceptual thinker who can articulate and execute his/her vision from concept to production
- A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies, and is hungry to keep learning
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to collaborate in a corporate environment
- Enjoys working hard and appreciates a good laugh