10 Wellness Service Manager, RN at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Manchester, New HampshireJob Description:
Responsible for the management and supervision of the Wellness Center in conjunction with the physician medical director. Responsible for the provision of preventative and emergency health services and wellness education to students. Ensures confidentiality of sensitive information and compliance with all HIPAA laws.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Registered nurse. Minimum of an Associate Science in Nursing degree. Active, unrestricted license to practice in state where center is located.
- Three years’ of health care experience, with at least one year in a supervisory capacity required.
Management and Supervision:
Supervises and manages the Wellness Services staff, Department and subcontracted Wellness services including mental health, dental, and medical services.
- Manages wellness department and staff.
- Compiles and submits required reports and plans per DOL/Corporate policy.
- Oversees and manages the Wellness budget and identifies and secures cost-saving measures.
- Acts as Center liaison with local agencies for purchasing applicable third-party health insurance for students, coordinating health services, environmental health inspections and other health-related issues.
- Evaluates student health issues and concerns and makes referrals as appropriate.
- Coordinates and oversees the chronic condition case management programs.
- Complies with local and federal guidelines for the administration of all medications and maintenance of medical records.
- Ensures adequate inventory of medical equipment and supplies.
- Works with Safety and Security Department to complete and submit required Significant Incident Reports.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and other applicable laws and regulations regarding patient privacy and the maintenance of medical records.
- Proactively manages the Center’s medical separation process and provides students with the required medical services and referrals to ensure student return and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Participates as an active member of the Center’s HEALs (Healthy Eating, Active Lifestyles) Committee. May serve as the chairperson of the HEALs Committee.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities. Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Hold staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Mentors, monitors, and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sun. On-Call; Mon-Fri 8a-5p; Sat. On-Call
We are a 100% Employee Owned Company and offer a comprehensive benefits plan to include, medical, dental, life and vision insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Nurse License