Engineering - Civil Transportation Engineer (5+ Years) at KPFF Consulting Engineers
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
KPFF’s Washington Division is located in Downtown Seattle. Our Transportation team has an opening for a Civil Transportation Engineer with 5-10 years of experience with the public sector and/or with telecommunication providers in utility design.
KPFF has been an industry leader in Civil and Structural engineering for over 58 years, working with architects, developers, contractors and public agencies. Join us and be part of a team that works on exciting projects with exceptional clients. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about us and the sort of projects we work on: www.kpff.com.
This position will allow you to work with a variety of projects with clients in the public sector; work on all aspects of public works infrastructure, including planning, design, permitting, and construction. Provide design of storm drainage, sanitary sewer and water distribution, power and telecommunication relocation and underground duct bank design, and routing of gas mains. Successful candidate will be able to coordinate closely with and communicate directly with affected franchise and public utility companies.
- 5-10 years of experience with roadway, utility and drainage projects
- BSCE required
- PE: Professional engineering licensure in Washington State or ability for reciprocity
- Experience in adhering to scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience in managing junior engineering staff
- Experience in design of storm, sanitary sewer and water distribution
- Experience in design of power and telecommunication duct banks, and routing of gas mains
- Experience working with large electric and telecommunication providers a plus
- Working proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
- Self-motivated, eager to develop technical and professional skills
- Passionate about providing exceptional client service
- Valid driver license with ability to drive company cars to jobsites and off-site client meetings
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
See Job Description