Finance Intern - Summer 2018 at Timken
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: CANTON, Ohio
We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Keeping the World in Motion
The Timken Company engineers and manufactures bearings and mechanical power transmission components including gear drives, couplings, belts, chain and lubrication systems. We also offer a spectrum of industrial services including bearing repair and powertrain rebuild. As the leading authority on tapered roller bearings, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, tribology and mechanical systems to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery and vehicles worldwide. With more almost 15,000 employees operating from 31 countries, our associates and our products keep industry in motion and make the world more productive.
A History of Innovation
If you're considering a career at Timken, it says a lot about who you are. You believe a great idea has the power to change the world. So do we. In 1899, Henry Timken changed the way things turn with the tapered roller bearing. More than 100 years later, our associates are still moving the world forward through innovation, with the talent and skills to turn our concepts into reality.
At The Timken Company, you will have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the company. While working independently or in a team environment, you will develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help you launch your career. Our internship positions allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. At Timken, we place great value on our interns and our positions are structured to maximize your hands-on experience.
Timken brings to you what matters most as an intern:
- Competitive salary
- Real-world experience that provides an edge upon graduation
- Access to the latest technologies
- Team-based environment in a high-tech setting
- Career mentoring
- Projects including finance system implementations and data collection
- Provide ad hoc support for various forecasting and financial analysis functions
- Interface with finance associates around the world with systems analysis, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Position will provide intern an inside look at corporate finance functions and opportunities
- Detail orientation and analytical capability
- Majors sought: Finance, Accounting, Double major in systems/technology. Experience using Excel and/or other financial systems
- Year in school: College Rising Juniors and Seniors, and Full-time student (12 semester hours) attending an accredited four-year university
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Canton
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Mechanical Engineer, Metallurgy, Financial, Intern, Corporate Finance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Entry Level, Finance