Banquet Cook at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: new orleans, Louisiana
Job Description SummaryThe responsibility of the Banquet Line Cook is to be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills including preparation of soups, sauces, stocks, frying and broiling.
Key Job Functions:
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our recipes
- Memorize and utilize serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant
- May be required to give direction in the supervisor's absence
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Food/Beverage Service Worker Permit, where applicable
- Meet minimum age requirement of jurisdiction
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members
Qualifications and Skills
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests and associates.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- 3 years of previous line experience preferred, preferably high volume plus 2 years fine dining experience
- Culinary degree or related hotel experience is preferred
- Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills
- Ability to work multiple stations in the kitchen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.