Senior AI Engineer at Activision Publishing Inc
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Carlsbad, California
Senior AI Engineer
We are building a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Senior AI Engineer to join our team in the San Diego area. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
As a Senior AI Engineer, you are an experienced software engineer and an experienced game maker who combines a drive to solve problems with a love of making games. You would work closely with the CTO, game designers, and other team members to create the AI systems and enemy behaviors needed for a fun, challenging, and memorable game experience for the player.
You would be a demonstrated capability to work in cross-functional teams with staff of all other departments and disciplines, including Audio, Art, Design, Production, and UI. You demonstrate empathy for other team members as well as the player in all interactions.
As a member of a small agile team, you will occasionally pitch in to help implementation, debugging, or optimization in areas outside of AI systems. You participate in building and reinforcing the team culture by mentoring Junior Engineers, participating in hiring processes, and by demonstrating excellence in Software Engineering and team culture.
- Design, implement, debug, and optimize AI systems for a AAA title
- Work closely with designers and other content team members to bring AI characters and behaviors to life
- Research areas of improvement and possible new features for AI systems
- Analyze game and engine performance using PIX, Razor, Very Sleepy, or other tools, and implement optimizations
- Create and maintain documentation to describe system architecture and implementation
- Proactively identify problems and identify opportunities for improvement, and propose solutions to team leadership
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team and provide feedback and guidance where needed
- Assist the engineering team in implementing, debugging, and optimizing other areas of the code base as needed.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 8+ Years’ experience in the games industry, with at least 3+ Shipped Titles and at least one shipped title working as an AI Engineer
- Strong 3D math and algebra skills
- Experience building networked multiplayer games is a plus
- Passion for video games and for delivering excellence in the craft
- Demonstrated command of English language in written and verbal forms