Application Engineer at Ametek, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hayward, California
Job ID: 9846
AMETEK Surface Vision (www.ameteksurfacevision.com), is the world's leader in automated online surface inspection solutions. We have a broad product portfolio that is optimized for web and surface inspection, monitoring, and process surveillance applications.
The business portfolio includes three distinct product lines: SmartView®, SmartAdvisor®, and VisionGear™, and each uniquely enables our customers to inspect the surfaces of materials processed in a continuous manner across Metal, Paper, Plastic, Nonwoven, and Glass industries.
Due to the continued expansion in the Americas, we are currently seeking an Application Engineer:
Application Engineer – SmartView (USA)
This team is seeking a talented, innovative, and hands-on Application Engineer who has a passion for all things electro-mechanical and the desire to tackle challenging problems to join the sales support team. In this position, you will work with the most sophisticated Vision Systems in the world and evaluate a wide range of applications in a diverse and growing range of industries. You will be responsible for planning, managing, and performing optical application studies in a lab and conducting on-site trials at customer sites. You will provide a technical assessment of the customer’s needs in a PreSales application study. This involves working closely with the sales team to meet customer requirements by means of sample evaluation reports, demonstrations and trials, and presentation of the results in front of technical and non-technical audiences. You will also perform on-site work, performing demonstrations and trials on the production line.
The Application Engineer will oversee the detailed planning and communication of each application study for new systems. The Application Engineer will work directly with the North America Sales Team to support resource scheduling on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. For example, the Project Manager will work with Operations, Product Management, Quality, Engineering and Technical Support to ensure that critical issues are reported through the appropriate channels, with adequate detail to support effective product testing and planning. The Application Engineer will ensure that application reports, defect images, and drawings are available for every lab study.
This position is the focal point for all of Customer’s Sample Evaluation Reporting and Demo/Trial needs.
Main assignments / responsibilities:
• Technical interfacing between sales, product management, and the customer.
• Managing requests for new applications/products.
• Communicating with the customer during the PreSales phase.
• Visiting customer’s industrial sites for application studies.
• Managing and running on-site trials.
• Documenting the technical interface between Sales and Service Teams.
• Coordinate with the Service Team after system sale to define and develop a technically accurate product configuration, solution, and scope.
• Coordinate all internal and customer activities.
• Service team support from order until customer’s system acceptance.
• Travel: 25% - Domestic and International
• Salary Exempt Position – Hours over 40 per week can be expected.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Work closely with the sales team to provide technical assessment of customer needs in pre-sales application studies: analyze customer technical problems, run feasibility studies on customer samples, recommend and demonstrate technical solutions.
• Perform on-site trials of Vision Solutions at customer facilities, engineering effective solutions for assigned projects.
• Manage the project to ensure deliverables meet customer expectations through internal and customer meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of industrial plant personnel.
• Must be sensitive to sales situations and able to deal tactfully with customer concerns & issues.
• Knowledge of basic photo optics.
• Ability to organize information, analyze it, apply effective problem solving, and effectively communicate the information and results through technical reports.
• High competence in Windows Operating Systems and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University, specializing in an Engineering field such as Automation, Computer Science, Vision, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, or an equivalent of occupational and educational experience.
• 4+ years of experience in a similar position, acquired in an industrial application environment. Experience in machine vision systems, image processing, optics, robotics, and industrial process automation is preferred.
• Fluency in English both written and spoken is mandatory (additional languages desirable).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.