Actuarial Associate - Individual Annuity Valuation at Prudential
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
The individual will be an integral part of the Payout Annuity Valuation team which sits within the Payout Annuity, Reinsurance, and Data Management group under the Annuities Valuation Center of Excellence. The team is responsible for the valuation of individual annuities, which includes: operating and maintaining valuation systems and processes, managing the actuarial related financial and risk reporting, and providing in-depth GAAP earnings and Statutory capital analysis. It is a very dynamic team and its functions are critical to the success of the individual annuities business.
Specific responsibilities for this position will include:
• Support monthly valuation reporting and analysis for GAAP, Stat and Tax.
• Assist with the support of the pricing/development of new products
• Support initiatives and address requests from various corporate functions – Internal Audit, Risk Management, Corporate Actuarial, Treasurer, Portfolio Management, Chief Investment Office, etc.
• Assist with the documentation of workflows, process mapping, and procedures.
• Support user acceptance testing of changes to the annuity actuarial model, including development of new reports to support the financial reporting process
• Enhance analytical tools and processes.
• Contribute to a culture of talent development, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in actuarial science, mathematics, or related quantitative field
- Successfully passed one or more actuarial exams is a plus
- Strong analytical/mathematical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks within tight time frames
- Technical skills (Excel, SQL, VBA) a plus
- Experience in valuation production and/or financial reporting a plus