Foreclosure Specialist II at Carrington
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Anaheim, CaliforniaJob Description:
Job ID 2018-6477
Position Category Servicing
Company Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
Position Type Regular
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family residential real estate transaction, including investment in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Carrington has built the infrastructure necessary to maximize value during any market cycle.
Due to our continuous growth, Carrington Mortgage Services is seeking a Foreclosure Specialist II for our Anaheim, CA office.
The Foreclosure Specialist II is responsible for monitoring activities of foreclosure vendors relative to the accurate and timely handling of residential mortgage loans in foreclosure in accordance with applicable state foreclosure requirements. Provides assistance and training to on-site staff of foreclosure vendors. Identifies and refers eligible loans for alternative resolutions to the Home Retention and/or Loan Modification departments. Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
- Maintains, reviews, follows-up and ensures the timely and accurate completion of all regular scheduled steps including outstanding /late steps in the foreclosure tracking templates on a daily basis.
- Inputs the completion date on the date the action occurs.
- Obtains approval, and modifies the scheduled date to a date in the future when a step in the process cannot be completed.
- Communicates with attorney's/trustees via Lenstar regarding delays and requests for information.
- Utilizes all department reports to manage pipeline.
- Completes/ensures all attorney requests for additional information or documentation are provided within 24 hours of the request.
- Accepts and approves vendors/attorney invoices for services rendered or costs incurred within 72 hours of receipt of the invoice.
- Ensures all attorney fees/costs and foreclosure costs charged are within Investor, Fannie Mae, FHA, VA, and PMI allowable fees schedules.
- Identifies "exception cases"/lien threats on a daily basis including but not limited to tax sales, drug seizures, and contested foreclosures. Notifies the manager and the investor/insurer as required.
- Notifies the investor the day following the sale of the sale results.
- Transfers files for conveyance/claim filing and/or to REO within 24 hours after the foreclosure sale or completion of the Ratification, Confirmation or Redemption period.
- Processes all reinstatement funds within 24 hours of receipt; ensures CAW and suspense reflects zero balances and removes the loan from the foreclosure workstation.
- Clears all reconciling items/out of balance conditions in the CAW payment clearing within 24 hours.
- Verifies taxes and insurance maintained and paid timely.
- Completes monthly, investor/client, PMI, VA, and FHA (SFDMS) reporting.
- Documents all servicing, action taken, delays, follow-up, and phone conversations in the system notes
- Compiles, maintains, and inputs all appropriate IRS 1099A/1099C information for each foreclosed loan in the same month that the foreclosure sale is held.
- Monitors vendor performance and notifies manager of any consistent problems (vendors inability/failure to comply with investor/insurer procedures and/or CMS requirements).
- Ensures all foreclosure procedural documents are imaged timely.
- Reviews future sales 14 days prior to foreclosure sale to ensure all requirements are met.
- Monitors third-party sale funds process, provides posting instructions, and properly closes out file.
- Monitors foreclosure Deeds and escalates any delays in obtaining the Deed that will exceed 30 days.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Some college preferred.
- One (1) to two (2) years of foreclosure experience.
- Previous paralegal experience preferred.
Carrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.