Lead Line Operator / 1st and 2nd Shift - Quakertown, PA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 131930
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This advanced operator role is responsible for operating machinery as directed and specified to produce a superior product while being proactive in meeting production goals and deadlines. The lead line operator will be successfully cross-trained and will ensure that safety is a top priority when accomplishing the essential duties and responsibilities of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General / Production Equipment
- Drive production goals for a particular line and strive to exceed expectations on a daily basis
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are being followed at all times
- Maintain production line housekeeping and conduct continuous housekeeping tasks
- Must be cross-trained and able to operate all production equipment
- Perform daily preventive maintenance; Repair and tune machine as needed
- Operate machines to detect product defects or machine malfunctions; observes equipment operation to ensure quality and conformity of filled and packaged products to standards; review the product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements; monitor production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups or jams
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Be able to work a flexible schedule
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Being open to change and variety in the workplace
- Being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Initiative and desire to learn additional tasks, production processes and machinery advancement
- High School or GED equivalent education
- Strong mechanical background
- Working previously in a manufacturing/production environment, preferably with at least one (1) year of related experience
- Knowledge of material handling
- Able to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment.
- Be a self-starter who is reliable and can be trusted to show up to work every day, on time
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling
- Walking up and down elevated catwalks and stairs and standing for long periods of time
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.