Human Factors Engineer at Flex
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hollis, New Hampshire
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Farm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. Our talented researchers, designers, and engineers work in a highly collaborative environment on innovative products designed to improve people’s lives. At Farm, you’ll learn from bright, like-minded individuals excited to tackle the world’s healthcare technology challenges.
Located in Southern New Hampshire, our employees have the best of both city and country living with a convenient drive to Boston, the ocean, and the mountains. We attract talent from all over the world and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
The Human Factors Engineer will be based in Hollis, New Hampshire. In this position, you will be responsible for research and usability activities for product solutions of complex scope. Project involvement ranges from early generative research to human factors activities throughout the product development process. You will also be directly involved with the design, development, and execution of research protocols.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Undertake user research, such as ethnography in healthcare or consumer settings, focus groups, preference tests, and usability tests (both formative and summative).
- Develop research materials, such as protocols, scripts, and data collection instruments. Analyze research data and produce deliverables suitable for Human Factors/Usability Engineering files.
- Implement a variety of user-centered design methods, such as workflow analysis and personas.
- Optimize user interface design by integrating usability and ergonomics.
- Work on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concepts, product specifications, and usability goals.
- Manage outside suppliers for participant recruiting and research facilities, language translation, etc.
- Provide accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
- Interact with the user interface, engineering, operations, business development, and quality disciplines to develop good processes, close working relationships, and successful products.
- Have contact with clients regarding deliverables and general project communications.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology, and/or research from an accredited school or equivalent experience and training.
- 0-2 years of experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Sufficient maturity to interact with Project Managers in a cooperative and productive manner.
- Expertise in a range of user-centered design methods.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Project management experience.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryDesign, Process & Technology EngineeringFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.