Site Supervisor / Machine Operator - Newnan, GA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Job ID: 131929
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Provide suggested methods and reports to Plant Manager to optimize labor and equipment usage.
- Develop and implement productivity improvements and measure/report results for weekly production planning.
- Formulate daily and weekly production schedules with Plant Manager and Production Scheduler. Communicate to plant employees daily.
- Ensure the necessary equipment and tools are available to execute the production plans.
- Must fully integrate and take a leadership role in driving a safety culture where employees identify and mitigate safety risks before they occur, and strictly adhere to safety programs
- Champion and own Safety Action Plan processes and procedures to educate, train and confirm employees know and apply Company Safety Action Plan. Conduct weekly tool box meeting with the crew.
- Operates press, inspects and prepares parts for shipment per operator instructions
- Maintains records of production and quality issues as specified
- Notifies supervisor of non-conforming product or problems with machine, materials, etc.
- Communicates production issues with the next press operator, and grinds parts/scrap as needed
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Performs routine machine maintenance
- Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
- Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity, and tools
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Leadership experience preferred
- High school diploma/equivalent or at least 1 month of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to be certified for both Forklift and Crane within 6 months of employment
- Concrete pipe and/or block/brick machine manufacturing experience is a plus
- Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.