Aggregate Foreman at Staker & Parson Companies
Posted in Construction 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Draper, Utah
Job ID: 131933
Staker Parson Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
The Field Supervisor/Foreman is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the highway/asphalt, utility, grade, crusher crews, etc. This position will primarily perform supervisory duties, but on rare occasions may assist with general laborer and equipment operation tasks as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Coordinates daily work activities, job site organization, reading of plans, etc.
- Supervises and schedules work crews.
- Organizes job site goals, timelines, and budgets.
- Orders required supplies and materials.
- Drive to various job site locations.
- Assists with general laborer duties as needed, which may include shoveling, laying asphalt, installing pipes, crusher maintenance, and other tasks as required.
- Assists with heavy equipment operation, if trained, as needed at job site locations.
- Maintaining time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and 2 to 5 years of related construction experience or an equivalent combination of education and training.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one setting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Standard Driver’s License required
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Staker Parson Companies is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.