10 Bookkeeper at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Manchester, New HampshireJob Description:
Performs bookkeeping functions to process accounts payable and disburse checks and cash to staff and students. Processes and reconciles Job Corps Student Pay. Maintains related documents in efficient and organized files. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts Degree or two years’ bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and Microsoft suite of applications required.
- Must pass company finance test.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Verifies completeness of invoice packages. Cancels (stamps “PAID”) all completed invoice and cash payment packages.
- Enters accounts payable invoices and payment requests into accounting system.
- Coordinates and oversees student pay and allotments.
- Maintains the Center petty case and meal ticket funds. Performs cash transactions for students and for staff meals.
- Generates timely payments to vendors and staff.
- Reconciles Payroll (not Accounts Payable) bank account and Accounts Payable subsidiary records.
- Performs combination of routine calculations, postings and verifying of accounting data. Performs miscellaneous clerical duties including typing assignments, filing, data entry and retrieval, and recurrent report preparation.
- Maintains accounting records and reports, to include accounts payable, receivable, inventory control, etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors, and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are a 100% Employee Owned Company and offer a comprehensive benefits plan to include, medical, dental, life and vision insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) plan, holiday, vacation and sick pay.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.