Plumber - Orlando, FL at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 131940
Oldcastle SurePods is the leading manufacturer of fully outfitted, modular building components in North America with over 15,000 bathroom pods and over 100,000 total modules manufactured and installed (security, telecom, educational, bathrooms, shelters). Oldcastle SurePods is part of Oldcastle Inc., the largest building materials company in North America. We are a proud reflection of hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies, and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
- Work in one or multiple work areas along an assembly line building pre-fabricated bathrooms, depending on your skill and training level; these work areas include tasks such as plumbing
- Follow defined procedures and practices in our 12-step production line process and offer suggestions for improvement
- Troubleshoot problems with assistance from peers or supervisors depending on the level of complexity
- Exhibit teamwork skills and mentor new associates through training
- Complete quality paperwork as required
- Notify supervisor of any non-compliances to part and/or product standards
- Maintain cleanliness of work area
- Comply with all health and safety guidelines
- Plumber License for the state of Florida.
- At least 1 year of plumbing experience
- At least 1 year of experience in home improvement/renovation/construction and/or vocational technical school required
- At least 5 years of experience working in a company environment, preferably manufacturing or construction is a plus
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in construction is a plus although individual must be willing to learn alternative building methods
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Eager to work, dedicated and inquisitive
- Able to work occasional overtime
- Experience as a team leader or other leadership role is a plus
- This job involves the following physical demands: walking, standing, bending, stretching, use of hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- Lifting requirements are generally up to 40 pounds
- Environmental conditions involve limited outdoor work
- Indoor work is generally warm during summer months
- Job responsibilities involve the occasional use of cleaning chemicals
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
SurePods is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
SurePods is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.