3M HIS Software Engineer (Albany, NY) at 3M
Posted in Software 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albany, New York
3M is seeking a Software Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Albany, NY. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today’s challenges, while preparing for tomorrow’s. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving efficiency of medical records coding, to outlining success in value-based care and health care analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Software Engineer will contribute to the development data platform automation and DevOps for new 3M products and platforms within assigned projects utilizing appropriate methods, practices and concepts.
Teamwork and collaboration within highly adaptive cross functional teams are key elements to success in this position, as Agile methodologies are used to promote rapid and high quality software. Adherence and contributions to best practices, such as secure architecture, continuous integration, SDLC, and automated deployments are key expectations of success.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Data platform and process automation design
- Work with other software engineers, product owners, data engineers, and other cross-functional team members to design and build continuous integration and deployment processes for data based applications and data intake processes
- Conducts assigned technical tasks producing accurate, timely results
- Adhere to team design and coding procedures and standards
- Participate in analysis, architecture, and code reviews
- Document potential intellectual property
- Communicate results of assigned technical tasks
- Builds a working knowledge of key corporate initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university or High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of three (3) of years of experience in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree education requirement
- Minimum of one (1) combined year of experience with DevOps and/or systems development
- Experience with Process Automation on Linux and/or Windows operations systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development
- Experience with of Amazon Web Services
- Experience with deployment tools (Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation, Lambda, Powershell, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and/or experience with relational databases
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills and the initiative to resolve problems by communicating promptly and driving project forward is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in order to interact effectively with a broad spectrum of people, both individually and in groups is required
- The ability to plan and estimate development tasks, ideally within an Agile framework
- Ability to work in small teams, as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, well organized and ability to work following processes and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The successful candidate will exhibit professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, dependability, and a strong work ethic
Location: Albany, NY
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative and leadership are valued. Where you’ll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence.
Most Recent great-news / Awards: 3M received recognition as being A Most Ethical Company! Promoting Ethical Business standards and practices internally, enabling managers and employees to make good choices, and shaping future industry standards by introducing tomorrow's best practices today. Honorees have historically out-performed others financially, demonstrating the connection between good ethical practices and performances that’s valued. To View this recognition, please visit: http://bit.ly/EthisphereWorldsMostEthicalCompanyAward
See job description.