Data Scientist at Pennoni
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
Pennoni Associates, established in 1966, is a multidiscipline engineering and design consulting firm that provides personalized services and solutions to meet the needs of our diverse clients. Pennoni provides services to local, state, and federal government clients, private, commercial, industrial, and construction clients as well as to other professional firms.
Pennoni is seeking an experienced and versatile Data Scientist for immediate employment in our Philadelphia, PA office or other major metro market. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of data science and analytics with experience in collecting, analyzing and presenting data and trends from geospatial, financial, statistical, and other engineering and design applications.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent working knowledge of data science and analytics with experience in collecting, analyzing and presenting data and trends from geospatial, financial, statistical, and other engineering and design applications.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze data from various sources to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and trend analysis tools
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques and applications
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and software development teams
- Manage and deliver data analysis and visualization projects of moderate to significant scope and complexity
- Create, edit, and maintain geospatial and non-spatial databases and metadata on multiple simultaneous projects
- Produce spatial and non-spatial data while ensuring accuracy and logical consistency in processing and reporting
- Identify industry trends and determine where data analytics and visualization can be marketed to existing and potential clients.
Why Work With Us?
Pennoni Associates Inc., an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, has been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. According to the results of the surveys, Pennoni has built a great workplace where its employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do. Our excellent work relationships are strengthened because of our unique ability to anticipate and exceed expectations of our clients by using multi-disciplined engineering, ensuring the continued success of their projects and our firm.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 4-7 years of management experience
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Knowledge of cartography, coordinate systems, map projections, and topology is a plus
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills