Technical Aide (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Traffic Safety and Security Division (TSSD) located in Maplewood, MN.
This particular position is a temporary, part-time assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.
This technical aide position will assist researchers in developing and maintaining solutions in traffic safety and will support commercialization of new and innovative solutions that enhance safety, security, and mobility for governments and citizens.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To assist engineers or chemists in preparation of samples, testing of samples, inputting, analyzing, and summarizing results.
- To prepare materials for laboratory use and field applications
- To assist in the development of test methods and procedures, from fixture design to documentation to sensitivity analysis
- Maintain detailed record of experiments and observations
This position is part-time, temporary and limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor’s level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or other discipline relevant to the position
- Completed Deformable Body Mechanics (or similar), and at least one Materials Science Lab.
- Available to work 8 hours per week during the academic year and 32 hours per week during summer months.
- Proficiency in Excel (preferably with VBA experience), Minitab, R, or other statistical analysis package
- Experience in at least one solid modeling software package. NX and Solidworks preferred.
- Self starter with positive, “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated creative thinking skills in practical applications
- Detail oriented and organized
Location: Maplewood, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
See job description.