Manager of Predictive Analytics and Modeling at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Mateo, CaliforniaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Netspend is looking for a Manager of Predictive Analytics and Modeling who's passionate about applying data and analytics in a direct marketing environment. This position designs, develops, and executes key quantitative analysis and modeling projects within the Direct Channel Analytics team to drive decisions based on data and insights. This role is located in San Mateo, CA.
- Provide actionable and insightful information and knowledge from advanced statistical modeling, data mining, segmentation, customer profiling and quantitative analyses with the goals of: driving new account growth and improving retention, assessing profitability improvement opportunities, and targeting the delivery of products and services.
- Participate in strategic marketing decisions for a variety of topics including customer segmentation, direct marketing spend and marketing promotional activities across all online and offline channels.
- Analyze large scale transaction, interaction, demographic and social data from internal and external data sources to uncover customer behaviors patterns and develop data strategies that drive growth and efficiency.
- Use statistic model and/or machine learning techniques to develop prospect-level likelihood to respond/sign-up/enroll and customer level attrition models. Responsible for model development, deployment, performance tracking and validation.
- Define, measure and track KPIs and develop financial forecasting models. Responsible for development and enhancement of business performance dashboards.
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or related Engineering disciplines.
- In-depth and extensive knowledge of statistical techniques and tools including the following, but not limited to, regressions, cluster analysis, factor analysis, and survival analysis.
- At least 4 years working experience in analytics and model development in areas such as Direct Marketing, Database Marketing, Consumer Credit, Risk and Fraud Management.
- Excellent skills using statistical packages including Python or R for data processing and modeling
- Excellent SQL skills and expertise in data warehousing, data services development and business intelligence tools and processes. Experience using Hadoop technologies (HDFS, Hive, HBASE, Pig) is a plus.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as QlikView or QlikSense
- Excellent partner engagement and influencing skills
- Excellent project management skills to build and execute project plans with clearly defined deliverables, timelines, and ownerships. Provide prompt and timely update with progress, issues, and risk mitigations.
- As provided in Netspend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.