Credit Underwriter at TSYS
Posted in Finance 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Broomfield, ColoradoJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Performs and assists in development of enterprise-level risk management and operational compliance functions. Assists in establishing and maintaining risk policies and programs to ensure organizational compliance. Reviews and sets business, operational, and credit risk critera across the range of segments and products. Ensures performance tracking and evaluation. Responsible for data gathering or manipulation, report creation, system or process creation and implementation. Mitigation can be defined as adapting and enforcing sound credit card policy criteria, maintaining adherence to all operating regulations and strategies published by the card brands and other legal/ regulatory bodies, training and engaging team members and leaders and developing strong data delivery and reporting in support of all contractual obligations.
What Part Will You Play?
- Supports more experienced Risk Analysts with the completion of highly sensitive regulatory and compliance functions by running routine reports to gather standard data for reporting. Supports more experienced Risk Analysts with investigating inquiries from regulatory bodies by gathering routine customer (merchant, third party, and vendor) or portfolio data.
- Assists with the completion of control, oversight and audit functions by running routine reports to gather standard data and compiling gathered data as directed. May assist with maintaining documents and/or gathering additional information in response to audit findings and requests or in support of Risk and Compliance programs. Organizes data and maintains data records. Uses GRC and other technical tools.
- Assists with risk analysis to provide routine reports containing highly sesitive information such as Payment Card Industry Data Security standard updates, account data compromise events, potential illegal/brand damaging violations, system status, strategic initiatives.
- May support and assist more experienced Risk and Compliance Analysts during routine projects and team/leader training.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Major in Business, Criminal Justice or MIS preferred, other majors considered. Willing to accept additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Typically No Related Experience Required
- Business, Criminal Justice, Information Security, Risk Management or MIS
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Learns to use professional concepts. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Technical - Microsoft Office
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.