Application Engineer at Motion Industries
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Des Moines, IowaJob Description:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 252342
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Des Moines, IA
Major Market: IA – Des Moines
Date Posted: February 5, 2018
Braas Company, a division of Motion Industries, is a leading distributor of industrial automation products and services. We are seeking an Application Engineer to provide pre and post sales support to internal and external customers on the application and use of Braas Company products, including: application concepts, product selection, sizing, installation, training, programming, debugging and troubleshooting. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Provide support (in person, phone, email, etc. to customers in identifying applications for Braas products, assisting in and performing product selection/sizing, p/n and BoM configuration
- Provide engineering assistance to Inside and Outside Sales on customer projects
- Identify application/sales opportunities at new and existing accounts
- Provide phone support on the installation, wiring, programming and troubleshooting of products
- Provide field support by assisting customers with training on products, software, application expertise and troubleshooting
- Document technical notes and product application knowledge
- Create product configuration and quick-start guides for sales and customer use
- Document (via white paper & video) unique and standard applications for use on the Internet and by Braas sales personnel
- Create training and promotional seminar curriculum for target products
- Conduct product training for customers and Braas personnel
- Provide programming and integration assistance with Braas products and customer systems/controls
- Develop updated product demos for use by sales personnel
- Test proposed systems to verify functionality prior to specification or shipment.
- Four year Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree with one year minimum experience in an electrical and/or mechanical engineering related function or,
- Two year Technical Degree with at least 5 years of experience in an electrical engineering related function
- High degree of analytical/mechanical/electrical understanding
- Highly effective communication skills (verbally and in writing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Trend
- Ability to regularly travel to customer sites and occasionally travel to other branch offices
- Ability to sit and view PC monitor up to 2 hours at a time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to navigate within a production, manufacturing environment.