Manager of Administration 2759 at Systems Studies & Simulations Inc. (S3)
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
The Administration Department of S 3 's Business Operations consists of Human Resources (HR), Benefits, Recruiting, and Training Development of a 500 person corporation supporting employees and contracts co-located with government customers at 33 locations, CONUS and OCONUS. The Administration Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day management of each of the Teams to ensure compliance to ISO/AS9100 procedures in execution for proper support to employees and management. The Administration Manager coordinates with other elements of Business Operations and subsidiaries, develops solutions to meet the needs of the Business Units and subsidiaries, updates policies and procedures to proactively support corporate growth, and supports routine audits by many federal agencies in accordance with their missions. In HR, the administration manager ensures HR operations: (a) are compliant with all required federal laws and regulations, (b) provide a competitive fringe package, and (c) provide HR services that meet the needs of the Business Units and subsidiaries. Analyze wage and salary data to determine the company's compensation framework. Provide strong labor relations expertise in a non-union/union environment. For Benefits, the Manager partners closely with vendors to administer cost effective employee benefit plans
For Recruiting, the Manager directs the Recruitment process and the strategic plan to ensure the recruiting needs of the company are met not only today, but into the future as the company grows. For Training development, the Administration Manager assists in the development of a training program that ensures all S3 employees stay compliant with required performance capabilities. The Administration Manager is responsible for the performance metrics of the department, reporting to audit requirements, both internal and external, and planning to advance automation in processes and complete utilization of the capabilities of the Admin modules of Deltek Costpoint. Must have a keen understanding of the company's needs abroad as well as the cultural, political and operational challenges of foreign markets and available opportunities. Extremely knowledgeable in finance, foreign currency and the overall global market.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in relevant field; Master's preferred
10 Years relevant experience with management of a corporate level multi-functional HR team operating in an AS9100/ISO 9000 environment for at least 5 years in a technical services company environment of more than 400 employees.
1. In-depth understanding of employment laws and regulations, particularly as they relate to DoD contractors (e.g., Service Contract Act) and international employment laws
2. Basic understanding of HR, Benefits, and Recruiting structures and processes
3. Ability to analyze operations in order to drive improvement.
4. Knowledge of operational best practices for shared services type operations.
5. Understanding of ISO 9000 requirements and metrics management
6. Working knowledge in creating and measuring effective HR strategies and accountability metrics.
7. Experience in developing policies and maintaining records of compliance.
8. A team player and strong collaborator in a corporate environment.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Excellent presentation, facilitation and training skills.
11. Client focused orientation with excellent relationship management skills.
12. Solid computer skills, including experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and online conferencing solutions.
13. Ability to multi-task and manage several projects and excel under tight deadlines.
14. Knowledge of Service Contract Act compensation requirements
15. Labor relations experience.
16. Previous experience in establishing and managing a workforce that is deployed in CONUS and OCONUS locations that may include war/conflict zones.
17. Willingness to work at customer sites inclusive of CONUS and OCONUS locations.
S 3 , Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.
S 3 , Inc. is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program.