Optometric Technician - Bilingual at National Vision, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sanford, Florida
Position Description :
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is one of the largest optical retailers in the United States. We offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
We are looking for an Optometric Technician to join our growing team. The Optometric Technician assists the Optometrist by conducting pre-screenings and testing prior to the doctor examination.
What would you do? - The Specifics
- Ensure high quality patient care.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere and appearance of doctor's office and pretest room.
- Understand ocular terminology and diseases and know the ocular abbreviations.
- Explain to the patient the types of preliminary examinations.
- Complete necessary paperwork and perform testing on patients prior to doctor examination.
- Promote visual field testing and retinal screenings to eligible patients.
- Perform exam pre-screening.
- Review prescriptions and/or patient information carefully and identifie special needs. Consult with the optician, Doctor or Retail Management when necessary.
- Ensure equipment, both Doctor's and pre-test, is properly maintained.
Position Requirements :
- Fluent in reading and speaking both English and Spanish.
- Previous retail/optical experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to learn optical knowledge.
- Able to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Multitasking and time-management skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.