Senior Optical Engineer - Lens Design at People Connect Staffing
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Livermore, California
Our client develops advanced vision hardware, software and algorithms that act as the eyes and visual cortex of autonomous vehicles. Since its demonstration of the first solid state LiDAR scanner, our client has pioneered breakthroughs in intelligent perception technology.
We are looking for a Lens Design Specialist.
- Design of multi-element lenses, imaging and afocal.
- Athermal lens design.
- Achromatic lens design from visible through near-infrared.
- Non-imaging optical concentrator design.
- Model propagation of coherent light from single mode fibers.
- Lens optimization, cost effective tolerancing, and DFM.
- Specification of optics and optical systems using ISO 10110.
- Hands-on laboratory analysis of optical systems.
What we need you to have as a Lens Design Specialist:
- MS in Optical Engineering or related field. OR BA with extensive experience.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience or equivalent skill level in laser systems.
- Experience with schematic entry, BOM generation, and PCBA build & debug (Mentor Pads most useful).
- Proficiency with at least one of the following optical design packages:
Zemax, Code V, FRED, or ASAP.
- Excellent communication, presentation & collaboration skills.
- Willingness to do some travel (<10%).
It would be useful if you had:
8 years optical engineering experience.
Experience with molded optics (glass & plastic).
Experience with stray light analysis.
Experience with laser beam characterization tools.
Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up experience.
The good stuff:
Medical,dental, vision, 401k, stock options.
The company is based in the Livermore, CA area and is backed by world-renowned investors.
If you are a lens design specialist, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com