Warehouse Associate at XPO Logistics, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lenexa, Kansas
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
At XPO Logistics, one of the world’s leading logistics and transportation companies, we provide the solutions that organizations around the globe count on. On our team, you’ll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You’ll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry—and how to bring out your best.
If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Assist with shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders, and distributing orders to sales associates for processing
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, and requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, other stock items, and distribute items to shipping
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic
- Work in a safe manner at all times, and adhere to all XPO safety policies and procedures
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Prior dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Prior forklift experience in a freight or LTL (Less-than-Truckload) environment
- Prior experience loading and unloading trailers
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.