Sr. Systems Engineer - Engineer III Systems at DRS Technologies
Posted in Software 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Camp Smith, Hawaii
Job Location: Camp Smith, HI
Job Title: Engineer III Systems – Systems Engineer
SOCPAC serves as the functional component for all special operation missions deployed throughout the Asia Pacific Region and is responsible for the planning and execution of all Special Operations Forces (SOF) within the U.S. Pacific Command's area of responsibility
As a Systems Engineer on our SOCPAC Team, the selected candidate will serve as a member of the Systems Branch reporting to the Lead Systems Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization based at Camp Smith, Hawaii and with subordinate commands located throughout the Pacific Theater.
The successful candidate for this position will be an integral part a small systems team of multi-faceted engineers who will be supporting the various complexities of maintaining equipment, users, mailboxes, portal, services, etc. on several networks of differing classifications.
Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget. Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems. May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Mentor and coach other less experienced engineers.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Lead less experienced engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
- CompTIA Security+
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work.
- Knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, networking hardware, protocols and administration, project management, and system integration across multi-tiered highly secure IT environments.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Able to deploy to hostile areas.
- Candidates must have an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) on ESX 4.1 and/or 5.0
- MCSE: Windows 7, Exchange 2010, Server 2008, Active Directory/Network/Application Infrastructure
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CA #CS