Mgr, Acctng Policy & Research
at ITC Holdings
Posted in Architecture 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novi, Michigan
Manages technical accounting research activities in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements. Advises on accounting implications in support of regulated businesses as well as development initiatives. Manages accounting and financial reporting activities for retirement and postretirement benefit plans, share based compensation accounting, derivative accounting, accounting for contingent liabilities and other technical accounting areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the accounting research function for new transactions, including complex transactions such as leases, financial instruments, consolidations and joint ventures.
- Ensures appropriate GAAP literature is applied and the appropriate research and conclusions are documented in accounting research and policy memos. Determines appropriate accounting treatment for new transactions and implements the accounting for new transactions.
- Supports Accounting Standards Implementation Group initiatives including active participation in cross-functional teams to assess the impact of and implement new accounting pronouncements and reporting standards.
- Manages accounting and financial reporting for retirement and postretirement benefit plans, including developing assumptions for actuarial valuations and coordinating with actuaries.
- Manages accounting and financial reporting for other complex accounting including share-based compensation, derivatives and hedging, contingent liabilities and others.
- Provides assistance to external reporting related to accounting, reporting, and research activities.
- Provides support to various stakeholders within the Company on the accounting implications for various initiatives including development activities, software implementations, etc.
- Provides support and guidance to parent company Fortis Inc. on complex accounting matters and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Performs reviews of new contracts to assess financial and accounting implications, including embedded derivatives
- Assesses technology solutions to support the accounting for complex transactions.
- Supports/coordinates Sarbanes Oxley compliance for certain accounting and research items.
- Supports special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in accounting with increasing level of responsibility.
- Accounting research experience required.
- CPA required.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley compliance preferred.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Expert knowledge of FASB, GAAP and SEC authoritative literature.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving skills to resolve complex accounting and other issues.
- Above average ability to utilize technology to complete daily assignments
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Excel and financial systems.
See Job Description
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.