Chiropractor at Angel Staffing
Posted in Health Care 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland
Angel Staffing is a Medical Staffing Service committed to linking experienced and qualified medical professionals with top medical treatment facilities to enrich the healthcare industry and ensure patients receive the most competent and compassionate care available.
Angel Staffing Inc. has an opportunity for a Chiropractor at Joint Base Andrews, MD 20762
- Holds a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Doctor of Chiropractic in any one of the fifty States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Possess a degree from a chiropractic college accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education.
- Experienced as a chiropractor, licensed independent practitioner for at least 24 months within the last 36 months for both diagnostic and treatment services.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform standard osseous and soft tissue procedures only, as commonly taught in Chiropractic College accredited by the Council on Chiropractic Education.
- Responsible for delivery of treatment within the personnel and equipment capabilities of the MTF, provision of mandated medical surveillance and preventive services and the quality and timeliness of treatment records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided.
- Employ and record every measure of observation that will more substantially profile the patient during the initial patient interview and consultation.
- Conduct a patent history and chiropractic physical examination (excluding vaginal examination) as clinically indicated.
- Utilize X-ray and standard laboratory tests appropriate to the chiropractic diagnosis and within the MTF's capabilities as detailed by the standard MTF operating procedures. Radiological examinations shall be limited to musculo-skeletal radiographs, skull series, chest (PA and lateral views) and rib series. MRI and CT studies of the spine and Bone Scans may be ordered following protocols established by the department of orthopedics. Lab tests shall be limited to SMA6, UA/C&S, Occult Blood, Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate and Complete Blood Count.
- Utilize the modalities of heat, cold, light, electricity, sound and exercises in patient treatment area.
- Provide patient instructions and recommendations in all matters pertaining to hygiene, nutrition, exercise and life style changes and ergonomic factors in the activities of daily living.
- Refer patients to specialty services available at the MTF.
- Orient, instruct, direct, and evaluate work activities of clinical support staff.
- Plan and conduct lectures and training programs on chiropractic related subjects for staff, students and patients. The HCW shall teach, conduct or participate in seminars concerning the basic and/or clinical sciences of chiropractic if requested by the Government.
- Order orthotics, lifts, collars, and lumbar sacral supports if available at the MTF.
- Place active duty patients on limited duty status (profile) according to MTF policy.
- Document, on forms provided by the MTF, actions taken such as patient history, patient evaluation, treatments/adjustments, unusual occurrences, and morbidity in accordance with the standard MTF operating procedures.
- Participate in weekly meetings to review and evaluate the care provided to patients, identify opportunities to improve the care delivered, and recommend corrective action when problems exist.
- Attend annual renewal of the following Annual Training Requirements: family advocacy, disaster training, Sexual Harassment, and other courses as directed.
- Utilize Government computer systems technology for data input and retrieval (orders, lab results).
This is a full-time position, work schedule/duty hours are generally Monday-Friday 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Full benefits are provided (health, dental, vision, life, long term disability); paid holidays; PTO.
Angel Staffing, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment is offered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Go to www.angelstaffing.net, and select Apply Now to apply. If you would like more information regarding this position please call 210-616-9526. Also look us up on Facebook and follow our page.