Operations Supervisor at Waste Connections
Posted in Management 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
Job TitleOperations Supervisor
Requisition Primary LocationNorfolk, Virginia
WANTED! – Operations Supervisors
Looking for a Career Path with a G R O W I N G Company
We have openings for a Operations Supervisor at our Norfolk, VA location. In this position you will be responsible for hiring, training, supervising, and ensuring the safety of our garbage truck drivers. You will also be trained and mentored in the waste business to prepare you for future management opportunities in our growing company.
- Assigns and supervises work crews operating solid waste collection equipment
- Monitors progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes route changes as necessary
- Conducts safety meetings and audits
- Maintains employee files
- Responsible for Dispatch Department
- Issues progressive disciplinary action as necessary
- Conducts field inspections of route crews to ensure proper work procedures
- Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs
- Performs quarterly reviews of all drivers
- Others duties as assigned
Qualified applicants will meet the following minimum requirements:
- 2+ years prior Supervisory experience; waste industry preferred
- Commercial CDL or the ability to obtain one in the future
- Prior Logistics or Route Supervision experience helpful.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Must be willing and able to relocate for future promotional opportunities.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent Family benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to
"Connect with Your Future"
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)