Autonomous Embedded Systems Engineer at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Moving Mobility Forward
Aptiv is making mobility real. We're at the forefront of solving mobility's toughest challenges. We have the people, experience, know-how and confidence to turn ideas into solutions. Solutions that move our world from what's now to what's next, while connecting us like never before. To us, nothing is impossible when you have the people with the passion to make anything possible. Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions, which enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers, in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com
Advanced Safety and User Experience provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, reception systems, and connectivity systems, hybrid vehicle power electronics, passive and active safety electronics, displays, and mechatronics. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About This Position
We currently have exciting opportunities for Autonomous Embedded Systems Engineers to lead the system component development in our Advanced Development organization, located at our Technical Center in Kokomo, IN.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Convert customer requirements into product requirements and design specifications.
- Lead technical discussions with cross-competency teams, management and customers.
- Perform technical planning, requirements analysis, systems integration & verification.
- Interface with Aptiv's strategic partners.
- Perform technical design analysis, trade off studies, FMEAs, and design reviews.
- Drive process, procedure, and methodology improvements to optimize work efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of professional experience in Automotive Industry or Consumer Electronics
- 3+ years of experience with microprocessor or DSP based hardware design
- 1+ years of experience taking customer requirements from design to production
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- Master's degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Proven record of taking customer requirements from design to production
- Familiarity with microprocessor/DSP based hardware designs, and Software Architectures
- Familiarity with development in the embedded environment
- Experience with CAN, Flexray, Ethernet
- Experience with CANalyzer/CANape
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, well organized, flexible, works well with complex issues
- Ability to multi-task and work in team environment
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Passionate about creating innovation cutting-edge automotive safety products
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?