Distribution Center Order Selector at FinishMaster
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Responsible for pulling orders & stacking pallets accurately.
1. Possesses thorough knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of the Order Selector.
2. Keeps Assistant Manager informed through ongoing communication.
3. Promotes superior customer service.
4. Assists with special projects as directed by supervisor.
5. Picks product accurately in a timely manner by using a purchase order created by the customer.
6. Operates stand-up/sit down narrow aisle industrial lift trucks, observing all applicable safety procedure
(i.e. Hazmat, OSHA, and FMST Policy/Procedures).
7. Possesses organization skills and is very precise on pulling the Item #, Size, & Quantity.
8. If product cannot be found, selector should consult Assistant Manager and together they will locate the
9. Understands and possesses thorough knowledge of the bin locator system.
10. Loads pallets evenly and in proper cartons.
11. Shrink wrap pallets securely.
12. Labels each pallet with proper shipping address.
13. Fills in and performs duties of receiving person when needed.
14. Protects FinishMaster's inventory investment and handles product with care.
15. Take precautionary safety measures for any leaking or damaged material immediately, and notify
Assistant Manager as soon as possible.
16. Understands and possesses thorough knowledge of Hazardous Material handling.
17. Understands and possesses thorough knowledge of Safety requirements though out Distribution Center.
I.e. Forklift Safety, Lifting Safely, Ladder Safety,
18. Responsible for keeping their aisle clean and product rotated in the proper bin locations.
19. Performs similar and related duties to achieve objectives while using methods consistent with the
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
- Forklift / High Low Equipment Training.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with emphasis in Warehousing and packaging, customer and interpersonal relations.
- Minimum, one month general knowledge of Warehousing and Packaging.
- Minimum, one year specific experience/training including, Warehousing and Packaging. Inventory Locator System training.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
Physical Requirements (This job may require the ability to perform any of the essential functions contained in this description. These may include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Specific requirements for a job will be identified at the time of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements):
- Ability to lift/carry product and boxes as required.
- Ability to operate forklifts/order pickers at maximum of 18'.
- Ability to work in high heats during the Summer months.
- Works in Warehouse conditions.