Platform Engineering Manager at TMG Clive Location (Admin)
Posted in Information Technology 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
CO-OP Financial Services provides technically superior products and services to financial institutions across the nation. We are seeking a talented Platform Engineering Manager to be responsible for leading a highly skilled team of System Engineers responsible for CO-OP’s Windows and Unix/Linux systems and application platforms. The Platform Engineering Manager is responsible for the ETO Platforms 24 hours per day and 7 days per week. This includes hardware deployment and service, maintaining high availability of key corporate systems, and ensuring effective and efficient daily operations.
- Managing CO-OP’s Windows server environments, including security tools, patching, monitoring, and other activities that will maintain the integrity and uptime requirements for the company.
- Manage day to day ETO Operations activities, ensuring high availability for all platform operations services
- Motivate and challenge a talented team of system engineers
- Partner with key members of ETO and the Business to support ongoing business requirements.
- Ensuring that service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed published service levels and coordinating escalation of issues as required.
- Ensures that service targets and commitments are met regarding delivery of new hardware and software, networks and security.
- Maintains and improves dashboards that monitor infrastructure performance and service delivery
- Provide leadership to leverage technologies, processes, and disciplines for delivering best in class methods throughout ETO Infrastructure
- Performing project management activities for enterprise-wide ETO initiatives
- Assist in planning and testing CO-OP’s disaster recovery efforts.
- Planning and managing to the infrastructure budget
- Manages, motivates and guides approximately 10 staff dedicated to excellence in customer care.
- Develops and implements operations procedures for standardized IT operations.
- Monitors systems availability and other indicators of customer satisfaction using continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures that Operation’s staff is trained and effective in their work.
- Analyzes operations and implements changes intended to improve customer systems reliability and cost containment.
- Ensures that Operation’s staff is trained and prepared to support all new products and infrastructure that is promoted into production.
- Performs daily monitoring to ensure sufficient capacity exists on servers and peripherals to support daily business needs.
- Works closely with the IT Architecture team to design and implement automated security controls in DevOps methodology along with the associated tools and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or 8 or more years equivalent experience including at least 3 years of relevant supervisory experience required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong Leadership Skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- This individual must have the ability to provide leadership to systems personnel in an IT Department in multiple office and data center locations.
- Must be able to carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- This includes interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving issues.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals of all levels with varying technical skills. Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are highly motivated, team oriented and would enjoy the diversity of challenges and opportunities, please submit your resume and cover letter.
CO-OP Financial Services is the technology engine that provides access and convenience for credit unions. With over 35 years of credit union service, CO-OP connects credit union members to their accounts through Debit, Credit, ATM, Shared Branching, Member Interaction Services, Mobile, Virtual, and Bill Pay services. CO-OP serves a total of 3,500 member credit unions, 50 million cardholders, 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs, and more than 5,500 shared branches. Handling three billion-plus annual transactions, CO-OP is the nation’s largest credit union service organization—offering resources that enable deeper member engagement to help credit unions prosper.