Mechanical Manager at Survival systems
Posted in Architecture 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Paso Robles, California
Hands on Mechanical Manager for Space and military products.
- Oversee and manage key design/development/drafting projects to completion.
- Develop and implement fluid mechanics, heat transfer and mechanical modeling to enhance predictive capability of products and processes, and influence product and process design
- Define standard methods used within the Mechanical Design team as well as within the larger organization to ensure efficient and effective achievement of company goals and objectives.
- Define, establish and maintain effective documentation systems within the department to ensure appropriate safety, security, accessibility, and revision control of internal and external parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Select, develop, train and supervise staff.
- Establish and maintain processes to collect, assess, prioritize, and execute new product development, product improvement, and product change activities aligned with the needs of the TBA, MP, NP and Charger teams
- Work closely with sales and application engineering to develop a process that insures customer requirements are comprehensively understood, and subsequently execute customer specific designs in a timely manner, insuring customer requirements are met
- Establish a department budget including personnel costs, capital expenditures, training, etc. Track and report on a monthly basis.
- Must have designed military or space products using Solidworks