Cloud Engineer at Relus Cloud
Posted in Science 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
AWS Cloud Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI (will pay for relo)
As IT and the business moves more services to the cloud, you will be involved in the implementation and automation of systems using on premise and cloud-base resources. As part of the IT Cloud team, you will work with the cloud architect and IT in implementation of an AWS Multi-Account management strategy, setup and management of the transit VPC, supporting technical and business teams in implementation of hybrid and scalable computing, database, storage, and product delivery solutions from within the Amazon Web Services Platform (AWS) and similar platforms. You will apply AWS as well as engineering best practices in development and implementation. This position requires a highly-motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, learn and implement new technologies, and provide guidance to individual teams.
What you’ll do:
- Implement Lambda functions to for AWS Config to utilize in applying governance and security policies.
- Work with teams to script out application deployment to stacks running on Linux/UNIX systems using CI tools/technologies.
- Implement backup and recovery strategies for technology stacks.
- Implement monitoring, management, troubleshoot and issue resolution to systems and services hosted on cloud resources.
- Work with business units, software developers, security, and IT to build applications and services within AWS and/or other cloud providers.
- Support DevOps functions to best utilize cloud resources with software configuration management and continuous integration tools; improving quality, security, and time to deliver.
What we need:
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX systems.
- Experience using best practices deploying applications stacks running on Linux/UNIX to AWS.
- Networking and security experience with AWS VPCs.
- Experience working with AWS CLI is a plus
- Experience supporting the migration of systems to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions.
- Development experience in formal software language required.
- Implement the automation of backup and recovery strategies.
- Experience working with scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Experience automating multi-account management in AWS.
- Experience in AWS server less architecture and implementation.
- Experience working with AWS VPN, Direct Connect, and transit VPCs.
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins and/or Bamboo
- Experience in C++ and/or Java a plus
- AWS certifications a plus
- Systems and Networking experience with AWS services a plus
- Hands-on knowledge across the catalog of AWS technologies a plus
- Department of Defense 8570 Compliance Certification a plus