Mechanical Design Engineer at ORS Partners, LLC
Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Harleysville, Pennsylvania
The Mechanical Engineer will be a key member of the Engineering, Installation and Service group. The engineer will provide mechanical engineering and design expertise for the development of new designs and support existing products . This individual will also assume responsibility for project progress as the new product transitions from the technical documentation phase to manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, support and participate in new development proj ects involving design changes, component changes and feature enhancements for shielding door.
- Support, define project schedule, manage delivery schedule and maintain product design and documentation .
- Manage and support prototype builds and test activities to validate new designs .
- Assign, coordinate and review portions of technical work performed by other engineers and designers .
- Responsible for overall mechanical design integrity of shielding doors .
- Perform engineering calculations, FEA analysis and create technical reports.
- Design and document existing and new shielding door mechanical assemblies using Solid works.
- Research, select and specify mechanical components such as linear actuators, gearboxes, shafts, couplings, chains, sprockets, clutches and small power transmission components.
- Conduct design work to meet project technical, schedule and cost targets.
- Interact with suppliers and vendors to select best components needed to meet project technical, schedule and cost targets.
- Create and maintain 3D CAD models using SolidWorks.
- Create and maintain Item M aster records and BOM in ERP system.
- Initiate and complete documentation needed for Engineering Change Notices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and demonstrated experience in the design and documentation of heavy equipment and mechanical products.
- 5 + years of progressive experience in new product development in a structured environment.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes used to fabricate machined and welded parts and assemblies.
- Experience in design for heavy equipment utilizing structural shapes and welded assemblies is desired.
- 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred) part and assembly modeling, drawing generation and PDM experience required.
- BOM development and configuration management experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of ANSI Y14 drawing standards and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).