Engineer (DOE), Mine UG, Underground Engineering - Long Canyon (Wells/Wendover, NV) at Newmont USA Limited
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elko, Nevada
Founded in 1921 Newmont Mining Corporation is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world. The North American region consists of multiple surface and underground operations spread throughout Northern Nevada and our Cripple Creek and Victor Mine in Colorado.
Newmont prides itself on safety and embraces diversity, engages employees, fosters innovation, rewards high performance and develops great leaders.
Be a team member, new project, engineering at our newest site Long Canyon in Northern Nevada.
- Develop novel approaches, consider fit-for-purpose underground mining methods, and evaluate plans against known and newly developed design criteria for the Long Canyon Phase 2 underground development. Devise innovative engineering approaches to problems encountered while leveraging a continuous improvement philosophy. Work requires originality and expert engineering judgment in the independent evaluation and resolution of a new underground development.
- Apply best practices to underground geotechnical solutions for a variety of mining methods. Match best practices in underground backfill methods to the identified mining methods and techniques. Provides a working knowledge on ventilation design. Plan and conduct field evaluations, conduct surveys, tests or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations on findings and best solutions.
- Conduct numerous underground mining schedules while evaluating mining rates and break even cutoffs for a variety of mining methods. Complete economic evaluations summarizing results, providing life of mine schedules, estimating capital costs, and developing operating cost profile estimates. Participate and/or facilitate trade-off studies for portal locations, associated ventilation, dewatering, equipment selection, and haulage for underground material movement. Become proficient with the existing underground mining software platforms.
- Meet with representatives of other departments to coordinate planning and scheduling activities. Perform work which includes a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements. Cooperate and work effectively with team members as well as other departments to communicate results while providing solutions towards mitigating risk and advancing opportunities.
- Advance plans, schedules, write reports, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work for the Long Canyon Phase 2 underground project. Schedule and coordinate the work of project members in order to complete work on time and within budget parameters. Maintain liaison with customer and contractor representatives in order to review and evaluate results for conformity to defined scope of work and technical specifications. Responsible for providing expert technical support to the Long Canyon Phase 2 Project Team.
Training & Experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering,
- 6+ year's of experience in mining; underground preferred.
- Advanced level technical communications, personal interaction and presentations skills required
For more information on Newmont:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.