Customer Service Rep - Dock Sales at FreshPoint, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME OPPORTUNITY. EARLY MORNING START TIME. FLEXIBILITY TO WORK MORE HOURS DURING PEAK SEASON.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) - Dock Sales is responsible for the receipt of customer produce orders by telephone, fax or e-mail and the accurate data entry into the computer system. Maintains and increases market share by satisfying customer needs and meeting management objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input orders (by telephone, fax, email) into computer system.
- Identifies customer needs and satisfies them profitably.
- Maintains existing customer base through effective customer service skills.
- Identifies lost/split customers and informs Supervisor, Dock Sales.
- Communicate issues/concerns to appropriate personnel effectively and timely.
- Fosters solid working relationships with other departments.
- Follows through with customer requests.
- Introduces new items to customers and promotes product in stock.
- Suggestively sell promotional items.
- Answer phone calls in a timely manner.
- Advise customers of operational procedures (special orders, call-in cutoff, etc.).
- Attend sales meetings as required.
- Good attendance and adherence to the work schedule. May be required to work overtime, including every Saturday.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the VP, Purchasing or designee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customer’s needs.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. (AS400 a plus)
- Experience with operating an electric pallet jack.
- Frequent lifting of product up to 50 lbs. during the shift, infrequent lifting up to 80 lbs.
- Frequent bending, squatting, pushing, and pulling
- Combination of warehouse and office.
See Job Description