Product Engineer 1 at DRS Technologies
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a Product & Test Engineer, the successful candidate will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines, including integrated circuit design, analog and digital circuit board design, test engineering, mechanical design, and system design. With product responsibility, the successful candidate will help coordinate specifications between these groups, conduct tests, troubleshoot problems, analyze data, recommend product improvements, complete product validations, and maintain documentation, all with the goal of developing the best infrared sensor technology in the industry.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- 0-1 years’ experience in troubleshooting circuits and / or electronics test design; entry level engineers with prior co-op / intern and classroom experience in electronics test.
- Entry-level position. Applicants graduating from college or those with less than 1-year experience with a previous employer will be given preference.
- Experience with Visual Basic, VB Scripting, C, C++, Python or equivalent programming language
- Experience with testing imagining detectors, such as infrared detectors or equivalent
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with MatLab or MathCAD programming language
- Familiarity with FPGA design tools, such as Altera or Xilinx
- Other higher level languages
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as technical applications interface to both internal & external customers using DRS products
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, test systems or subsystems
- Establish and implement product design and manufacturing process changes to reduce cost and improve performance
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support
- Identify yield limits and recommend changes to increase manufacturing margin
- Responsible for completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and customer, as required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of circuit analysis
- Hands-on experience in electronics test lab environment
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Provide regular reporting of progress and status
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of lifting up to 30lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Travel up to 15% of time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS