Senior Inspector - Atlanta at Tetra Tech, Inc.
Posted in Construction 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking an experienced Senior Inspector to support our Water/Wastewater group. The ideal candidate will primarily support water main replacement and/or sewer line rehabilitation projects in the Atlanta area. Routine tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision of field inspection staff on construction oversight projects
- Assist the Project Manager by resolving problems on the job site
- Assist with outsource sub consultants
- Coordinate and lead construction progress meetings
- Review submittals and shop drawings and ensure adherence with contract documents
- Review contractor pay applications and track against construction progress
- Review contractor schedule submissions
- Coordinate field testing services on projects
- Perform construction observation field work
- Must have the ability to work under conditions that allow for changing priorities and be able to multi-task
- Minimum 7years’ experience in small diameter gravity sewer rehabilitation and/or water main replacement, or the equivalent
- Must exercise independent judgement and work to achieve generally stated objectives and requirements
- Availability to travel with Metro Atlanta area on a daily basis
- Ability to analyze and understand plans, contracts, special provisions, standards & specifications
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to timely communicate project issues to the various project participants
- Field experience is required
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies