Head Cook at Denali Universal Services
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Under the supervision of the Operations Director, the employee will satisfy the needs of the client by ensuring high quality, cost effective services. Employee is responsible for client relations and all aspects of food operations as well as additional responsibilities required by the client.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of experience in high volume food production and supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Current ServSafe certification
- Previous remote site experience
- Previous experience with an electronic ordering system
- Culinary training from an accredited culinary institute or management experience in high volume institutional type operations
- Coordinate and supervise staff
- Plan, cook and oversee the preparation and service of quality meals
- Ensure each meal service line and salad bar are garnished on a daily basis
- Conduct pre meal walk through daily to check cleanliness, stock and appearance
- Conduct weekly staff safety meetings
- Train and develop staff in supervisory, culinary and operational skills
- Prepare reports for management pertaining to current activities, and goals
- Interact with camp and administrative staff to accomplish common goals in a timely manner
- Assure that all uniform regulations are being met
- Monitor inventory food levels and conditions; order food products, meat and supplies accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assure balanced inventories through proper storage and rotation of products
- Ensure constant availability of HACCP and safety materials and equipment for camp staff, and enforce their use
- Establish and maintain good customer relations through courteous daily contact and quality professional service
- Assume temporary catering job assignments in the absence of staff members
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various locations as required
- Commitment to Excellence: Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values: Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security: Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service: Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork: Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Leadership: Maintain a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches employees to meet high performance standards and goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Attention to Detail: Ensures one's own and other's work and information are complete and accurate
- Communication Skills: Listens, writes, and speaks effectively and professionally, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
- Decision Making: Makes choices or reaches conclusions by establishing objectives, gathering relevant information, identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and selecting the best option
- Planning and Organizing: Systematically develops plans, prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish business goals within a specific time period
- Workforce Development: Effective in the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of competent staff members
- Management: Plans, organizes, directs, monitors, and controls a group of one or more employees or one or more entities to accomplish organizational goals and objectives
Full-time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance, life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability insurance. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time and exposure to work assignments consisting of twelve-hour days and able to work day or night shifts as required. The majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. There may be a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items. Applicant will be required to successfully complete a post-offer pre-hire physical and WorkSaver exam.
It is Denali Universal Services’ business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.