Material Handler at Motion Industries
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Auburn, WashingtonJob Description:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Id: 253119
Brand: Motion Industries
Location: Auburn, WA
Major Market: WA – Seattle
Date Posted: March 4, 2018
Here is an opportunity to work in our newly established Distribution Center in Seattle, WA. At Motion Industries, Material Handlers are responsible for shipping, receiving, and processing orders for the Distribution Centers, they ensure customers receive the correct products on time.
Hours: M - F; 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Responsibilities as applicable to the assigned department include but not limited to the following:
- Adheres to established safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Check, pack, prepare and process orders utilizing a WMS scanner in a timely manner
- Process in bound receiving from vendors, branches and distribution centers utilizing WMS scanner to include checking/stocking of inventory
- Process cycle counting, stock checks, etc. utilizing WMS scanner
- Research inventory nonconformance and, in conjunction with office, order processing, shipping and/or branches, make adjustments as necessary
- Ability to fill out shipping forms such as Commercial Invoices, etc.
- Maintain work station and work area cleanliness
- Report problems and concerns related to job completion, employee(s) need and general warehouse functions to department management
- Handle other tasks as assigned by department management
- Active involvement in the Company S.A.F.E. program
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds, with assistance as necessary
- Ability to read vendor descriptions
- Ability to perform all PIMS/WMS functions relating to job
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, or hear
- Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to occasionally sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl
- General warehouse knowledge
- Must be able to use applicable shipping tools
- May require manifest experience
- May require forklift experience
- Satisfactory to Outstanding organizational skills
- Must be a team player with Good to Outstanding communication skills, self motivated, responsible and quick learning
- High school diploma or equivalent
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.