Process Improvement Specialist at TSYS
Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Tempe, ArizonaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity by modifying existing processes and workflows, introducing automation, and developing new performance standards and metrics, and promote the adoption of industry best practices. May support a wide variety of operational activities. Undertakes work requiring basic application of acquired business or operational skills and knowledge and the principles of the primary discipline.
What Part Will You Play?
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement. Measures process performance, for multiple functional areas and external clients, against developed requirements then aligns improvement to performance shortfalls and operational inefficiencies. Prioritizes and implements process change requirements based on critical project needs. Evaluates strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
- Performs root cause and performance trend analysis, and work simplification studies in order to develop appropriate process control changes. Analyzes current process standards and metrics to provide solutions for improvements. Reviews analysis findings produced by less experienced Process Improvement Analysts to recommend appropriate changes in process or approach.
- Creates and reviews communication plans regarding process improvement and re-engineering strategies for multiple stakeholders, internal and external to the organization. Develops, uses, and reviews work aids, such as process descriptions, checklists, templates and guides, to assist personnel with implementing defined processes. Creates project plans and documentation to support the management of process improvement projects. Facilitates, creates, and presents information and supporting documentation to groups of internal and/or external customers participating in Rapid Improvement Events.
- Leads the process improvement concepts/methodologies/tools/principles training and guidance of clients and internal personnel. Surveys/benchmarks and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes. Updates and maintains process and procedure documentation to stay current with industry best practices. Devises ways to create a Lean culture and coaches others in implementing Lean practices within the organization.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- 6 years related Process Improvement work experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge & Technical expertise working with process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean
- Proficient using MS Office
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.