Operations Client Service, Assc2 at State Street
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Quincy, Massachusetts
As a Client Service Specialist, Associate 2, you will interact internally with global Centers of Excellence, Client Operations teams, business unit Shared Service teams and Joint Venture operations teams to complete the processing for assigned clients and portfolios.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Validate and review all daily activity while maintaining all required controls
- Resolve a broad range of questions for and carry out processing work to resolve a variety of requests for internal and external clients
- Calculate and process fund and account activities, e.g. supporting Net Asset Value (NAV), Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) yields, cash movements, distributions, corporate actions, bank loans, processed transactions, etc. and prepares proofs as needed
- Support the review and validation of data as needed, e.g. fund NAVs, etc. as well as distribute information to Shared Services and Client Operations teams
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and resolve issues
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with clients when necessary
- Maintain appropriate records of daily and monthly activities
- Support the production of financial, performance and/or quality reports for client, shareholder, director and management as needed
- Interprets client needs and works to meet those needs, offering assistance and advice on standard practical issues
- Maintain working knowledge of processing activities
- Handle complex issues and escalate as needed acting with a sense of urgency
- Document any updates or changes to formal procedures, databases, etc.
- Prepare and verify information for various projects/special requests as directed
- Support training of new hires as necessary
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred; 1-2 years of related experience
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Computer proficient including working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., Excel, Word, Access, etc.)
- Collaborate with others outside own area of expertise