Machinist, CNC OD/ID Grinder at Triumph Group
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Windsor, ConnecticutJob Description:
Requisition Number 13211
# of Positions Remaining 1
Position Type Full time
Experience (Years) 5
Posted Date 03/07/2018
Category Manufacturing/Production/Operations - All
Security Clearance Required? Unspecified
Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So, whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace market - from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft - from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Mechanical Solutions located in Windsor, CT is currently seeking a Machinist to produce products by setting-up and operating one or more specialized manufacturing CNC machines, specifically OD/ID Grinders.
- Able to set-up and operate manual and CNC milling machines, CNC lathe, engine lathes, surface grinders or OD-ID grinders with minimal supervision. Must be able to set-up and operate tool room equipment including Jig Bore and Jig Grinding Machines. Honing, lapping, and EDM experience beneficial.
- Have the ability to read and follow set-up sheets, operation sheets, blueprints, programs and/or drawings.
- Meet production deadlines by following manufacturing schedules and procedures.
- Able to follow and instruct on machining set-ups and operating principles.
- Be able to troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to resolve machining concerns.
- Familiarity with the use of a variety of machinist's hand fools and precision measuring instruments.
- Able to make standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds; measures, marks and scribes' dimensions and reference points.
- Able to set and use all standard measuring instruments including Micro Hite.
- Maintain a safe working environment by utilizing safety applications and keeping all work areas clean.
- Contribute to the team effort by maintaining a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent. Technical or vocational training desired.
- 5-10 years operating multiple manufacturing machines, including CNC lathe, mill drill, grinding machine, CNC mill machine and deburring. Experience with tool room machining desired.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with substantial acquaintance with and understanding of technical aspects of the job.
- Work requires the ability to understand and follow instructions, the ability to concentrate and the ability to work as part of a team and get along with others.
- This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to attention to detail.
Triumph Group and all its divisions and subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. Triumph Group provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact TGIapplicant@triumphgroup.com to request assistance. Include the title of the position and location in the subject line of your email so we may direct your email to the appropriate person. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
"An Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans" We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations ("ITAR") and the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.