Mainframe Application Support at Bank of America
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full time
Location: Plano, Texas
Bank of America is looking to build out their Production Support capabilities in the Plano, TX, market.
Enterprise Role Overview:
Production Services is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc. The Production Services Lead identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams. Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services. Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures. Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others. Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives. Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area. Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests. Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment. Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
**Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position**
This position will be located at our Plano, TX, technology center only.
Job Specific Description:
Responsible for ensuring stability of mainframe applications in production. Provides on-call support for triaging problems. Coordinates with various support teams across the organization, for problem research and resolution. Communicates with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application. Looks for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause. Provides monitoring of the environment during release or independent change and tracks changes to the production environment thru out the weekend for executive communications.
• Provides on call support for triaging problems and coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management
• Communicates with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application.
• Looks for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause
• Performs trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
• Real-time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period.
• Assesses initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets (REMEDY), engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
• This is individual contributor position that needs flexibility with the work schedule to support issues during off hours or weekends.
Required Skills (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified):
• Must have 7 years of programming experience using JCL, COBOL, VSAM and Easytrieve
• Must have 2 years hands-on experience with developing/supporting IMS DB/DC applications
• 5 Years of experience with batch scheduling tools like CA7
• 5 years of working knowledge in MF configuration tools like Endevor, ChangeMan
• 3 Years of experience with BMC Remedy or Maximo or a similar Incident management tool
• 3 years of experience in Mainframe Batch/Online abend research and resolution
• Strong experience in File Manager/File-aid tools
• Provide primary on-call support on a rotation basis
• Flexible with the work schedule to support issues during off hours or weekends/on-call
(e.g., Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm CST, occasional weekend/off hour support required).
Previous Banking/Financial experience is desired
Prior L3 Support experience
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: