Business Analyst at DHL eCommerce
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Sterling, VirginiaJob Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VET
Location: Virginia, Sterling (IAD)
Job Code: 3182
# of Openings: 1
This role is responsible for gathering and documenting business requirements as it relates to the systems, developing workflows, business cases, recommending areas for systems improvements, developing training material, performing business acceptance testing. This role will also be responsible for preparing reports and month end transportation costs, analyzing data, identifying problems and developing recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translates the business needs into detailed business requirements through document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, distribution center visits, business process descriptions, using cases, scenarios and workflow analysis.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Develops workflows for existing and future processes.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs) and non functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Performs Business Acceptance Testing on systems related to the Transportation/Operations Department.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining training material
- Assist with business applications support.
- Recommend system changes/enhancements based on business needs
- Design reports required by the business.
- Prepare weekly/monthly transportation cost reports and accruals for month end financial closure
- Analyze weekly and monthly expense vs. budget.
- Create trend analysis, and performance reports, based on data extracted from internal and external information systems
- Gather data, analyze and offer proposals associated with both existing and potential new processes.
- Analyze transportation cost and identify factors contributing to both additional expense and potential savings.
- Offer recommendations for changes regarding seasonality and other business variables.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multi-projects simultaneously in an efficient manner
- Excellent interviewing skills required to extract essential requirements information from groups and individuals
- Analytical skills required to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Modeling skills required to represent requirements information in graphical forms
- Must be creative and enjoy solving problems
- Highly motivated
- Travel as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and 2 years of experience or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Visio and Project.
- Knowledge of Oracle Transportation Management System is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Physical demands are mostly consistent with a professional office setting.
- Regular sitting at work station for 25 - 75% of the work shift.
- Frequent standing and walking.